235 teehanlax beta, cannot follow.

admin
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 76
JoinedCOLON Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:10 am

235 teehanlax beta, cannot follow.

Post by admin » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:18 am

Post - 235 teehanlax beta, cannot follow.

alk005
PostsCOLON 15
JoinedCOLON Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:49 am
LocationCOLON The Hague, Holland

Re: 235 teehanlax beta, cannot follow.

Post by alk005 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:41 pm

Thank you for all your work on this locktheme:
:D YOU'VE CHANGED THE IPHONE LOCKSCREEN FOR THE BETTER!!!! :D
Let's hope your personal misery ends soon!

@StarSoft: I hope you can take this theme to the next level! (And maybe rename it to the ame235-theme?)
-- Dude! Where's my phone? --

StarSoft
PostsCOLON 42
JoinedCOLON Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:56 pm

Post by StarSoft » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:57 am

Shame to hear that you can't continue.
I will try to finish the beta and probably add some of the changes i made.
Basically I will try to complete the beta by removing the bugs, I won't take it to the next level.
The only problems I see that make the beta not complete are:
- CSS problems/alignment of elements.
- Midnight bug.
This is because I only see those problems myself, but I'll check the forum to see which are real bugs and which are addon related.

Think those are the only things that need a fix I think.
I might remove a couple of things I think which are not needed but hey, take it or leave it :)
Will take some time before a release wil come tho, first need to go through the code again and guess i'll have to make a paypal account ;)

5tunner
PostsCOLON 9
JoinedCOLON Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:06 am

Post by 5tunner » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:19 am

Will take some time before a release wil come tho, first need to go through the code again and guess i'll have to make a paypal account

>> Does this mean, we have to donate again? Or I am I missing something? As if it wasn't enough already that beta testers nowadays have to pay for testing a product while they be the ones reporting bugs! Usually it's the other way around: testers get it for free, report bugs and once it's released, the 'average' custumoer would have to purchase it, to compensate the developer's efforts. Donating ONCE for this was okay, since it's a great lockscreen. But I am not seeing myself donating twice for this!

StarSoft
PostsCOLON 42

Post by StarSoft » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:32 am

No, the "paying" for a beta is over if you ask me (I was always against it and still am, see my comments about it all over this forum). All releases will be public available.
Donations are always welcome but I'm not sure if I have any right to ask for donations as it is mostly ame235's work. This is why I'm not sure I will make "my" releases on this forum, as ppl might think he is continuing to work on the theme.

DavidPatrick
PostsCOLON 15
JoinedCOLON Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:43 pm

Post by DavidPatrick » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:51 am

Sorry to hear about your personal issue, I will pray for ya

Look forward to the next version by the developers on this site and hope I can add some input as well the best I can

Thanks

5tunner
PostsCOLON 9

Post by 5tunner » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:25 am

StarSoft wroteColonNo, the "paying" for a beta is over if you ask me (I was always against it and still am, see my comments about it all over this forum). All releases will be public available.
Donations are always welcome but I'm not sure if I have any right to ask for donations as it is mostly ame235's work. This is why I'm not sure I will make "my" releases on this forum, as ppl might think he is continuing to work on the theme.

Ah okay, thanks your for calrifying this "issue". Let us know where you put the release(s) on, so we can follow the development. Are there any plans to release this on any cydia repo like modmyi or something? Would be nice

alk005
PostsCOLON 15

Post by alk005 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:48 am

(Maybe not the right place, sorry): Is there any way we can contact StarSoft to help him out? :oops:

StarSoft
PostsCOLON 42

Post by StarSoft » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:17 am

alk005 wroteColon(Maybe not the right place, sorry): Is there any way we can contact StarSoft to help him out? :oops:

Hellu.... :lol:

alk005
PostsCOLON 15

Post by alk005 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:56 pm

StarSoft wroteColon
alk005 wroteColon(Maybe not the right place, sorry): Is there any way we can contact StarSoft to help him out? :oops:

Hellu.... :lol:
Not quite what I meant? :roll:

StarSoft
PostsCOLON 42

Post by StarSoft » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:18 pm

Well I prefer to use the forum to keep contact as I'm not really into getting spammed by ppl with problems with the theme on msn or something else.
I'm not working full-time on the theme so won't be available for support 24/7 either.
As soon as i release a version (maybe tonight after midnight as I have to test if the midnight bug is gone) I might include some information how ppl can contact me, and setup a page where it is available for download.
I'm not sure how to release the new versions anyway as I don't want to look like someone who made the whole theme. My changes are minimal to what ame235 did for it. And I don't want ame235 to be bugged by ppl who find problems in the pieces I changed or added. Also I might remove some functionality as I don't use/like it, and it's easier to remove those parts then to find a way to code around them ;)

So maybe in the future there will be ways you can contact me other then the forum, but not yet :)

TheIrreverend
PostsCOLON 3
JoinedCOLON Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:49 am
CONTACTCOLON

Post by TheIrreverend » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:16 pm

Good to see someone will be taking over the reins. Hopefully you'll manage to fix the bug which causes old alerts to continuously reappear on the lockscreen. Other than that (and the calendar alignment bug, which is minor), the beta has most of the features needed IMHO.

alk005
PostsCOLON 15

Post by alk005 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:49 am

StarSoft wroteColonWell I prefer to use the forum to keep contact as I'm not really into getting spammed by ppl with problems with the theme on msn or something else.
I'm not working full-time on the theme so won't be available for support 24/7 either.
As soon as i release a version (maybe tonight after midnight as I have to test if the midnight bug is gone) I might include some information how ppl can contact me, and setup a page where it is available for download.
I'm not sure how to release the new versions anyway as I don't want to look like someone who made the whole theme. My changes are minimal to what ame235 did for it. And I don't want ame235 to be bugged by ppl who find problems in the pieces I changed or added. Also I might remove some functionality as I don't use/like it, and it's easier to remove those parts then to find a way to code around them ;)

So maybe in the future there will be ways you can contact me other then the forum, but not yet :)

Fair enough! Actually, the only thing I would like to see integrated is the birtday-year-of-birth-2-actual-age-thingie... :D :lol:
This is what I altered in the lockinfo.js:
var titleText = "<span class='sub1'>"+events[i].summary+"</span>";
replaced it whith:
if (events[i].summary.match(/<[0-9]{4}>/g)) {
var bdayYear = events[i].summary.replace(/.*<([0-9]{4})>.*/g, "$1");
var repYear = start.format("Y") - bdayYear;
var sfx = ["","","",""];
repYear = repYear + (sfx[(repYear%100-20)%10] || sfx[repYear%100] || sfx[0]);
var titleText = "<span class='sub1'>"+events[i].summary.replace(/<[0-9]{4}>/g, repYear)+"</span>";
} else {
var titleText = "<span class='sub1'>"+events[i].summary+"</span>";
}

Now if a calendar entry says "Joe's Birthday (<1968>) ", it will display as "Joe's Birthday (42)" and it will be updated every year. So you just have to fill in only once the year of birth and your calendar will show you the correct age every year....

jcleek
PostsCOLON 3
JoinedCOLON Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:17 pm

Post by jcleek » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:45 pm

This is exactly why I didn't want to donate.... I should have waited a couple more days before doing so. I don't mind paying for good stuff but I donated and only got a buggy and half complete product. I am just going to bite the bullet and buy intelliscreen. At least that works...

StarSoft
PostsCOLON 42

Post by StarSoft » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:56 pm

alk005 wroteColonFair enough! Actually, the only thing I would like to see integrated is the birtday-year-of-birth-2-actual-age-thingie... :D :lol:

Now if a calendar entry says "Joe's Birthday (<1968>) ", it will display as "Joe's Birthday (42)" and it will be updated every year. So you just have to fill in only once the year of birth and your calendar will show you the correct age every year....

Nice idea. I added the code to the upcoming release.
Little update, the midnight bug is not solved yet :(
Will do a couple of more tests and hope I'll find a way to fix it.

alk005
PostsCOLON 15

Post by alk005 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:47 am

StarSoft wroteColon
alk005 wroteColonFair enough! Actually, the only thing I would like to see integrated is the birtday-year-of-birth-2-actual-age-thingie... :D :lol:

Nice idea. I added the code to the upcoming release.
Little update, the midnight bug is not solved yet :(
Will do a couple of more tests and hope I'll find a way to fix it.

Thanks a lot! Are you aware of the fact there are 2 different midnight bugs by the way? 1 is you have to respring every midnight and the other is that all the dismissed items return. But I think you allready know that. Any insight info about what you altered yourself so far?

StarSoft
PostsCOLON 42

Post by StarSoft » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:05 pm

Not sure I know of the respring one... I only have the one where previous items are displayed.

I can give a little idea how I'm planning to fix it but it needs some memory tweaks as it might be heavy in usage.
I'm gone find an event that happens regularly (time update, scrolling, lock the screen, plugin change) anything that can trigger an event and is cheap on CPU power :) I know I can use a swipe tap or something, but might use something different, maybe there is some event triggered when the phone is locked, not sure.
Then when that event happens I will make a "snapshot" of items in the (for example) mail list and use that list after midnight to decide what is displayed when no data of the plugin is available.
It might be a dirty solution but that's the only thing that pops in my head at the moment :(
I'll give it another thought as now I think of it it is not that nice of a solution (if one at all...).

Also note that I don't use LockInfo 2 or Winterboard so behavior could be different (needs some testing).

Here is a little changelog what I have so far.
Changelog:
- Aligned calendar items.
- Added midnight to previous day.
- Removed global collapse functionality (to add more new features)
- Right swipe on push notifications will allow hiding notifications.
- Added translations for delete button.
- Aligned sub-category titles.
- Various memory tweaks.
- Added age-calculation to birthdays, insert birthyear to birthdays in the following format <YYYY>. (thanks to alk005 for idea and code)

Like I said, midnight-bug is biggest problem and has the next priority, just not sure when that is fixed.

alk005
PostsCOLON 15

Post by alk005 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:42 pm

StarSoft wroteColonNot sure I know of the respring one... I only have the one where previous items are displayed.

I can give a little idea how I'm planning to fix it but it needs some memory tweaks as it might be heavy in usage.
I'm gone find an event that happens regularly (time update, scrolling, lock the screen, plugin change) anything that can trigger an event and is cheap on CPU power :) I know I can use a swipe tap or something, but might use something different, maybe there is some event triggered when the phone is locked, not sure.
Then when that event happens I will make a "snapshot" of items in the (for example) mail list and use that list after midnight to decide what is displayed when no data of the plugin is available.
It might be a dirty solution but that's the only thing that pops in my head at the moment :(
I'll give it another thought as now I think of it it is not that nice of a solution (if one at all...).

Also note that I don't use LockInfo 2 or Winterboard so behavior could be different (needs some testing).

Here is a little changelog what I have so far.
Changelog:
- Aligned calendar items.
- Added midnight to previous day.
- Removed global collapse functionality (to add more new features)
- Right swipe on push notifications will allow hiding notifications.
- Added translations for delete button.
- Aligned sub-category titles.
- Various memory tweaks.
- Added age-calculation to birthdays, insert birthyear to birthdays in the following format <YYYY>. (thanks to alk005 for idea and code)

Like I said, midnight-bug is biggest problem and has the next priority, just not sure when that is fixed.

Thanks! Take your time. Better to have a good working beta somewhat later than one that's not working properly...

5tunner
PostsCOLON 9

Post by 5tunner » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:33 pm

TheIrreverend wroteColonGood to see someone will be taking over the reins. Hopefully you'll manage to fix the bug which causes old alerts to continuously reappear on the lockscreen. Other than that (and the calendar alignment bug, which is minor), the beta has most of the features needed IMHO.

Co-sign! The Changelog is looking nice so far. Great idea to implement birthday's too!

alk005
PostsCOLON 15

Post by alk005 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:32 am

any news so far? :oops:

BUTTON_POST_REPLY