admin
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 76
JoinedCOLON Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:10 am

Re: INSTALL

Post by admin » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:17 pm

Yes we have..
speaking of 3GS i have one spare "new in box" 16gb 3GS,
I'm planning to make a game, not a complete chance game but only 50% chance.
As i received several donations, i would like to thank the most generous donor with this gift.
Rules would be simple: all donors can donate as many times as they want, no one knows who is the higher donor,
and the highest donor receives the iPhone.

One condition: the winner has to have a webcam to record himself opening his gift adn post it on ame235.com.
-obviously there would be an extraction if highest donor is more than one. -

admin
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 76

Post by admin » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:19 pm

As i already receive questions about that game,
NOTICE game has not launched!
i have to check if it's legal or not (why wouldn't it??)

StarSoft
PostsCOLON 42
JoinedCOLON Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:56 pm

Post by StarSoft » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Not sure how it is with the international shipping...
But to be honest (and not to heckle you) it would be a bit unfair. There would basically be an auction on the phone where the highest bidder wins and if you lose the auction you still pay for it and get nothing.
More fair would be (and I seen it like this on more sites), for every Euro/Dollar/whatever donated you get a ticket in the drawing hat. In the end you draw a ticket from the hat and that person gets the phone.
Then everyone has a chance of winning it and its not guaranteed the highest bidder wins.

But that's my two cents (basicly the only cents I have to spend at them moment :()
Or you can give it to the person who gives you the most lines of useful code :twisted: :lol:

admin
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 76

Post by admin » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:07 pm

HIHIH 8)
right, auction example is the good one.
BTW, maybe it's not that unfair for the winner...
Take another example: Loto (Euromilions has 100'000'000 € to win today! !! )
well today i bought some tickets: 50,00€.. actually, if i don't win the auction i loose my donation :p
looks pretty similar to me ... heheh

PS: code line would really be unfair for others hehe!

StarSoft
PostsCOLON 42

Post by StarSoft » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:19 pm

Not really, as you pay 50 euro for 1 ticket out of 10 million other players you know your chance is 1 out of 10 million. If you buy 100 you have 1 out of 100.000, but someone with only 1 ticket can also win (my idea).
If you buy more tickets then anyone else that doesn't meant the others don't mean 100% you will win the main price. Where in your idea of the auction you do.
But it's your call, everyone can decide of they go for it or not ofcourse :)

But I still vote for the code, that way the alignment bug doesn't have to be fixed and I don't have to worry about memory space :D

admin
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 76

Post by admin » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:34 pm

completely right again,
let's just move our view:
in the loto case i hava 1 chance out of 10 milion and that will just grow with the number of tickets.
3 out of 10 millions with 3 tickets.
4 out of 10 millions with 4 tickets.
20 out of 10 millions with 20 tickets.

in my game, you have more chances to win as you invest more:
if you bet 10, you get x chances to win,
if you bet 50 you don't get 5 * x chances, but much more.. in fact all of those who have bet 10, get beyond.
if you bet 100 you really come to get 1 chance out of four to win..
and this because the price of the winning lot is fixed in advance.

what if I add a rule: if there are 10 equal high donations, i pay each of the winners the lot (in this case an iPhone) ?
Would it be more fair for you?

Schwarz Bruder
PostsCOLON 5
JoinedCOLON Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:06 am

Post by Schwarz Bruder » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:22 pm

You should just raffle it, it would be easier and I think it would be the fair for everyone, I mean, Starsoft has helped you a lot, but if he has no way to donate a lot of money, someone else who just shows up can donate a lot of money and get the iPhone, at least if you raffle it everyone will have the same chance to win it.

I also understand that in the end, well you need donations and if you do it like this, you'll get more money, that part's great, believe me, I'll keep donating as much as I can, but I just think there is a better way to do this, and also to be fair with the people that have helped you a lot with this theme.

admin
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 76

Post by admin » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:26 pm

;) right!

StarSoft
PostsCOLON 42

Post by StarSoft » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:28 pm

Oh I don't say it for myself :)
Just pointing out that it's not really a contest in my opinion if you let the highest bidder win and take the money of the "losers" also. But enough about it, it shouldn't become a whole discussion :D

Giving something to the donators is cool either way you want to do it.

Schwarz Bruder
PostsCOLON 5

Post by Schwarz Bruder » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:33 pm

I know you're not saying that for yourself, I just think that would be the best way to go, and to be fair to you and everyone else that has helped Ame with this theme. :-P

Schwarz Bruder
PostsCOLON 5

Post by Schwarz Bruder » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:37 pm

And yeah, this shouldn't become a discussion, I also agree that it's awesome that you want to give something back, I just think that the whole bidding thing will become a big problem for you in the long run.

admin
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 76

The game:

Post by admin » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:50 pm

Moved here to clean.

but doesn't need more discussion: clear enough ;)

BUTTON_POST_REPLY